출처: http://waystation.tistory.com/127 [느릿느릿이야기] Plant a little grain of peace here!: Peacemaking soccer player - Didier Drogba

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Peacemaking soccer player - Didier Drogba

Drogsin.
Do you have any idea of what it is?
The Korean people nicknamed him. Drog is from his name, and sin is god in korean.
For his skillful playing is just like god, korean people call him as a soccer god.


But not only his playing, he is famous for his love for his country and his great achievement.
He said it's not all the thing in the field, I think there's lofty ideal out of ground.
The story is like this.

Cote d'Ivoire produces 40% in world cocoa-producing rate.
Muslim in North part of country insist that christian in south part take all the profits of national cocoa-producing. Northern part rose up against the goverment, consisted a lot from southern part.
From 2002, the civil war continued 5 years.
In that period, Cote D'Ivoire got the entrance for world cup in 2006.
Drogba had an interview.
And he appealed sincerely to stop the war at least 1 week.
And the war stopped as if by magic.
The more is 1 year after in 2007, they, the northern and the southern part of the country had a peace agreement and stopped the war completely.

Though a football game is often used as a metaphor for the competitive struggle, he ended up the conflict by that football game.

Sincere appeal for the peace.
Can make peace.
We have seen this kind thing lately.
Do you remember the Mindanao peace agreement?
Man Hee Lee had a ringing speech in front of the muslim leaders and christian leaders. And Mr. Lee brought them together by signing the peace agreement. Awesome!

So, if we make a sound for peace in our each life, world peace could be more faster!

10 comments:

  1. Soccer and other sports is a good way to communicate with each other. World Cup will start recently. I hope more people can enjoy world cup and peaceful life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you enjoy world cup? ;-)
      After writing this, I have cheered Cote d'Ivoire up, because Didier Drogba has touched me with his peaceful mind.

      Delete
  2. Drogba! I love him with his peace mind as well as his soccer skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He is the first athlete came into my heart! XD
      Not only his faculty, but also his peaceful mind!

      Delete
  3. Drogba and Man Hee Lee, they are doing really great job to bring peace to our lives. Peace is the mission everyone should work for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once Mr. Lee said "Each of you should be a peace advocate."
      I totally agree with him. Peace is not for somebody. So we all together work for peace!

      Delete
  4. waiting for the grain od peace be fruitful !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blessed to make this blog and write something related in peace.
      I was not interest in peace at all, but writing makes me interested in world peace. I didn't expect I feel terrible seeing whom suffered in war, because that was out of my mind. Feeling the world as a neighbor, I treat my foreign friends politely.
      I think the peace in me growing up rapidly! XD

      Delete
  5. Yeah! I agre with you~! I think that everyone try to make peace and want it, the wolrd peace will become fastly^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! At that very moment! That is world peace I think!
      If no one in the world conquer others by power, just want peace.
      That is! The World Peace!
      So maybe the reconstruction of consciousness would be the first step.

      Delete